This is a complete guide on how to easily link your NIN. Linking your National Identity number(NIN) to your phone numbers is very important if you don’t want your line cut off or disconnected by your mobile provider.
Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has instructed the telecommunications operators in the country to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Numbers (NIN). What this means is that if you are yet to link your NIN you will not be able to make calls with your phone again. In order to be on the safer side make sure that you link your phone number with NIN today with this full guide.
This guide will cover all Networks like MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, etc. All you need to do is follow below steps and you will easily link your phone numbers with NIN.
What is NIN? The Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN) is a unique identification number issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
Who is it for? NIN is for every Nigerian that make phone calls.
How do I link my NIN? First you need to retrieve your NIN before you continue to the next step
How to Retrieve NIN Number Using USSD
To find your NIN number, use the following simple steps;
- Dial *346# on your phone
- Enter ‘1’ to choose NIN Retrieval Option (if the phone number you are dialling from was used during your NIN registration).
- Enter ‘2’ to choose NIN Search option (if you have lost your number; you will be required to input some of your registration details)
- Once you have retrieved, congratulations
How to Link Your NIN Number for Airtel Users
To link your NIN to your Airtel phone number, follow the steps below: 1. Dial *121# on the Airtel line you wish to link. 2. Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send. 3. Enter your 11-digit NIN and send. Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
How to Link Your NIN Number for MTN Users
Mtn users can link their NIN to their line in any of these three ways
- Online registration portal via https://mtnonline.com/nin
- USSD code: Dial *785# or
- Via myMTNApp, get it on Google Play or Apple Store
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
How to Link Your NIN Number for 9MOBILE users
To link NIN to your 9mobile line, simply;
- Dial the USSD code *200*8# and follow the prompts to submit your details;
- Visit 9mobile.com.ng/nin to submit online
- Click on ‘Verify and Link your NIN now’
- Fill the required information and submit
How to Link Your NIN Number for GLO users
You can now link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your mobile number as a Glo subscriber. Simply send “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName and LastName” to 109.
The above covers all you need to link your numbers today. Do it now. Don’t wait until you are cut off before you will link your numbers. If you find this post interesting kindly share to friends with share button below.