- Advertisement -
How to Repair adapter burning smells from laptop charger
If your laptop charger smells it means you need to learn how to repair adapter burning smells from laptop charger. The question may now be why is the laptop charger smelling this way. how to fix laptop charger wire lenovo laptop charger burning smell how to fix a burnt laptop charger laptop burning smell wont turn on laptop power cord burning smell laptop smells like burning when plugged in laptop charging port smells burnt how to repair laptop charger adapter.
Well, we will tell you and you will learn how to fix the burning smell of laptop charger through this guide.
The most common fault that makes it obvious for you to think it is burnt is the capacitor. With the smell, and sometimes the liquid electrolyte from the busted capacitor draining through. If you are lucky enough and it’s just the capacitor.
- Advertisement -
To fix this follow this steps.
- you can open the charger making sure it is unplugged.
- You can sight the capacitor by the damage most times.
- It is the largest cylindrical component inside.
- Use your soldering iron to remove it by heating the pin points of the capacitor on the other side of the board.
- Take the specifications of the capacitor ( µF and v) and replace with the exact rating.
- take note of the positive and negative legs while replacing.
- Solder, close and test.
Conclusion on How to Repair adapter burning smells from laptop charger. Anything more than this is probably worse and i’ll best advice you to buy a new adapter.
You can repair if:
- Damage only on the case, cables or capasitor
- pay someone to do the soldering stuff Or
- you can buy cheap adaptor with same amp and voltage, and change the cable only
- But buying a new one is always a better choice if money wasn’t your concern