- Advertisement -
Do you have the intention to make detergent powder for business? If this is your goal we are going to show you how to make detergent powder for business and that is what this post is all about.
When you learn how to Make detergent powder for business you have not only learned a hard skill but also acquired an entrepreneurial skill that can be turned into money as with this skill you can begin your own side hustle in a small scale and grow from there. In this post we want to focus on how to make detergent powder for business with reasons being that with the new skill when learned well, we contribute to the society by proactively creating opportunities where youths can leverage to make a living.
Why Would you learn How to make detergent powder for business
We all know how bad the economy of Nigeria has become and how expensive basic home needs are. We are at a point in time where we are not assured of what tomorrow brings. Prices of things keep escalating and you can not buy a product at the same rate you bought yesterday because the price increases once you exit the point of purchase.
Currently the market price of a big-sized detergent is sold at almost 1,500 naira which is double of what it used to be. We are proud to prepare this guide as it will bring hope to Nigerians who are tired of the incongruity in todays economy. Give it time and understand the guide and start as little as you can as we believe you can go places with this piece of skill.
- Advertisement -
What are the ingredients needed to make detergent powder at home
The Raw materials of detergent powder are 10 which includes the ordered list below
- Caustic soda
- Light soda ash
- Palm kernel oil
- Sodium sulphate
- Sulphuric acid
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Ammonia solution
The main tools and equipment you will need to make detergent powder for business
- 2 fermenting tanks or 2 large rubber bowls
- Drying machine
- Grinding machine or grater
- Mixing tank or Bucket
- Scale or measuring cup
- Mixer or a Mixing stick
- Rubber gloves
The above are the list of tools that you will need to start making detergent powder for business at home. Below we will list out the function together with the application of the listed ingredients and raw materials. All these work together to bring a good detergent powder which you can use at home or sell in the market. Lets get through the procedure involved in the making of detergent powder for business at home.
Procedure on How to make detergent powder for business
- Put 5 litre of caustic soda solution into one of the fermenting tanks.
- Add four litres of water. Stir thoroughly; then cover tightly and leave to ferment for 2days.
- Put the light soda ash, kaolin and sodium sulphate into the fermenting tank and add 3 litres of water.
- Stir thoroughly, cover tightly and keep aside for 24 hours to allow for fermentation.
- After about 2 days, set up the heating system and pour in the palm kernel oil. You can also use groundnut or vegetable oil.
- Add colour and allow it to heat. Make sure you heat properly and then allow it to cool.
- Set up the mixer and gradually pour in the fermented caustic soda.
- Gradually add the fermented light soda ash as you continue mixing
- Add the sulphuric acid gradually as the mixing continues
- Then add the hydrogen peroxide and ammonia solution as you continue to mix
- Add your perfume and mix continuously for about 5 minutes.
- Allow it to stay for about 5 hours for the mixture to settle.
- After settling, transfer the mixture to the drying machine and allow to get dry
- Grind the mixture after it is all dried up and then package for usage or sale.
The above is just how simple it is to make detergent powder for business. We researched thoroughly before coming up with this solution. The guide should get you on a good fit for the business. In any case you want to push higher as a standard business you can consider reading this post about >>> how to register your business name with CAC.