- Advertisement -
As a courier company learning How To Create A Courier Website will aid your delivering messagees, package or letter from one place or person to another place or person. This is what you do on daily basis. It will be a tough work if you don’t have a website at a time where everything has gone digital.
Having the thoughts of creating your own Courier website with tracking will put you at a better edge of communicating with your clients online. This will not be a thing of waiting until their package arrives to them as this will give them the opportunity to track their parcel with the tracking number as provided by the said courier website.
What are we arriving at? On this post you will learn How To Create A Courier Website With Tracking number. The Courier website we are going to create today will be a modern website that will have all the great features a courier service deserves. So tie your seatbelt lets get straight to the tutorial so that you can learn how to create a courier website with tracking number system.
Things that are needed to Create A Courier Website With Tracking
In order to have a fully functional courier website with tracking number there are things you need to do. First, we will have to create a database where you can store the following information:
- Advertisement -
- Courier Details
- All Locations Where Your Network Is Spread
- Details About The Current Location Of Couriers
- Once you create this type of database, you will need to create a Web Application that allows your employees to login with a username and password.
The application will allow your employees to login and see all the couriers your company is shipping. On each location of your shipping network, your employees will have a computer that will allow them to login to this application and change the current location of the courier.
So, If a courier is shipped from USA to Nigeria, then employees from your network locations in between this route will update the current location of the courier to their location. In this way, your database will have the current location of the courier.
All the couriers stored in your database will have a unique id that users can use to check the current location of their courier. Now lets put this into practical way and have our Courier website with tracking number.
How To Create A Courier Website With Tracking
We are going create the courier website with existing template. This is the fastest way to do it and all you need to do is to get a domain name and host for less than 30$, the web hosting companies will give you control panel, in the control panel click mysql and enter your username and password. Secondly upload the shipping site templates to your public_html folder change the text, logo and other images in less than one hour you can build this website. Lets see the steps you can take to achieve this.
- Get a domain name: This is the url link people will visit to get to your courier website.
- Buy a reputable Host: You need a fast web hosting company where you can get your files hosted for you.
- Get default template for Courier: There are hundreds of free templates from themeforest and other sites where you can get basic framework where you will start from
- Upload template to your host: When you buy host from Contabo for instance they will set the system up for you and after that all you will do in this step is to upload your template to public_html
- Extract the files: When you might have uploaded the template which I assume is in zip format you will need to extract it into the root directory.
- Connect your database: We will teach you below how to create a database with mysql. From hence you will need to connect your database.
- Do minor dashboard settings: Once you have uploaded the template you will have to login and then get to the dashboard and set things up the way you will like it to look. Thats How To Create A Courier Website with tracking number system.
The above are all you need to create courier website with tracking number. You may also want to learn how to manage the website.
- Advertisement -
How to manage your courier website
One of the most important tasks when it comes to courier website management is to make sure your site remains safe and continues to load fast to deliver the best possible user experience. As such, you’ll need to keep up with the following daily tasks.
- Backup your Courier website
- Monitor the uptime
- Perform a daily security report for your courier website
- Check for updates of your template or theme for the courier website
- Also check loading time as this will impact the user experience and how customers integrate with your courier company website.
You can create a courier website if you follow the above instructions
Creating a courier website is almost as easy as abc. All you have to do is find a template that looks close to how you will want your website to look and then you can continue with customization of the default setting from the template. With as little as $30 you will be able to launch your website online quickly with no hindrance of any sort.
Useful tips for creating a courier website
- Think about what your customers want to know, not just what you want to tell them.
- Use professionals to help you. An unprofessional website can potentially put customers off.
- Update your website regularly, especially if you include information about your prices.
- Make sure your contact details are correct and easy for your customers to find.
- Promote your website in your marketing material and include it on your business cards.
- Find out how you can make your website easy for search engines, such as Google, to find. This is called search engine optimisation (SEO). A web developer can help you with SEO for your website.
With the above we have come to the end of this post about How To Create A Courier Website With Tracking number. Do feel free to watch the video tutorial below and follow the step by step guide given on the video on How To Create A Courier Website.